There can be numerous designs and ideas about creating a website and one may put them across in visual context through Photoshop or some other web designing software but to make it live in the online world requires a lot of efforts of which PSD to HTML conversion is the most important one.
Since PSD to HTML is a vital part of web development and is the basic step in which design files are converted into HTML codes for creation of an effective website, it must be assured that essential parameters are met. Also only after PSD to HTML coding is done, a website owner can think of integrating WordPress, Joomla, Magento or some other application into the site.
Checklist of factors that must be adhered to, in order to make sure that the conversion is up to the mark:
- Guidelines regarding coding provided by W3C must be strictly followed
- It must be made sure that website is accessible on different browsers
- Website should be search engine friendly
- Manual coding by experienced developer
- It must also be taken care of that website is cross-platform compatible
Although it appears that PSD to HTML conversion is an easy task but it requires expertise and extreme diligence to create error free codes that result in the development of a quality website. For this reason only, there is always a requirement for web developers who can carry out the task efficiently.
Given that the demand for such conversion has increased manifold, a lot of web development companies have emerged within a decade. Customer has a lot of options as there is a high competition in the field. However, it is important to check the credibility of the services offered by them.
Here are a few important points to be kept in mind while evaluating various service providers:
- Experience – See that the company has a long presence in the market and has worked upon several projects.
- Clients – It will help in assessing the quality of the work done by a company.
- Team – As a lot depends on as to who does the work, it is necessary to ascertain that the task will be carried out by qualified, experienced and professional people.
- Package Features – See whether the features offered in packages match the requirement. It also highlights what a company is capable of doing.
- Company Policies – Have a look into its policies related to Quality Assurance, Turnaround time, Money Back, etc as these come handy if any problem occurs at a later stage of project execution.
- Customer Support – It is essential to ascertained that the provider has an effective support system for customers and is reachable via phone, mail or live chat or any other mode of communication comfortable for you. It will ensure a smooth flow of information and any issues or queries will be quickly responded to.
These are some of the important criteria to be taken into consideration before hiring a PSD to HTML service provider. Analyze and compare different providers, judge carefully and make a sound decision.
Source by John Mccem